VAR Healthcare is a database of 400 up-to-date procedures plus useful tools for use in practice. See what VAR can do for you and your business.
VAR Healthcare features responsive design, making it easy to use on various devices and screens – from tablets and mobiles to PCs and Macs.
It all started with a public research and development project within the Norwegian Industrial and Regional Development Fund (now Innovation Norway) in 2001.
Advanced search engine with knowledge support and decision support
Practical, designed to facilitate learning and richly illustrated
Reinforces evidence-based practice
Motivating skills development for lifelong learning
Useful, easily accessible tools
Relevant information and knowledge articles
Ingun Benno Petterson, Oncology Nurse, Akershus University Hospital, Norway
– We also use VAR in our training programme for nurses, to ensure up-to-date content and teaching.
Anne Hansen, Nurse at Vanløses sundhedscenter, Copenhagen
- VAR is evidence-based, hands-on, and accurate - expectations fulfilled.
Anne Karima Selim Lindberg and Nina H. Liljebäck, EDS Advisors at Vestfold Hospital
- By linking VAR directly into treatment plans, we save both space and time, and the documentation is more straightforward.
Torunn Wibe, R&D Manager at Centre for Development of Institutional Care, Oslo
- Few nursing homes in Norway have the professional and personnel resources to develop their own evidence-based procedures.
Anne-Mette Simonsen, Nyborg, Denmark
- In Nyborg we want a progressive system with the latest knowledge. For this reason we have acquired VAR Helathcare.
Elisabeth Svendsen and Line Vik, Nesodden municipality, near Oslo
Home care in Nesodden has internal training every week – based on VAR Healthcare.
Liv Wensaas, R&D Manager, Asker, Norway
- We save a lot of time by having VAR integrated, and get quality assurance by ensuring the use of evidence-based procedures.
Reidunn H. Korsnes, Senior Advisor, Ålesund, Norway
- The collaboration project between the university college and the community health care became a win-win (...and win!)
Inger-Ann Vekve, Professional and Expertise Developer, Østre Toten, Norway
- VAR and documentation was a topic at our mentor/apprentice convention in the spring. It was incredibly useful and gave us a taste for more.
Nursing student Joen Kock, Denmark
Joen Kock is a nursing student and in practice placement at Viby lokalcenter. He often brushes up on the theory in VAR before using it in practice.
Nina H. Bærheim, Assistant Ward Supervisor, Bergen, Norway
- It’s very helpful to have the support of VAR in a busy working day.